Adding a pinch of extra flavor to your dish, isn’t it like adding an extra essence to life?
Food has always been a soft corner for everyone and if served with love it becomes an instinct desire. When I was 5, I knew about a special dish being served on our table on every festive. I have always admired my mother doing little experiments with the same dish, just to add a few flavors and yes “a touch of love”!! Pronouncing the dish itself brings a broad smile on the face “kheeeeeeeerrrrrrr”.
With a belief to live it all, sharing on “we lived it all”, here we are with the essence of saffron and a pinch of the special ingredient, “Mother’s Love”.
5 ingredients, 5 mints in kitchen, 5 easy steps, serve 5 and yes, 5 tips for different flavors.
Ingredients for Kesar Kheer:
- 1 kg Milk
- 1 Cup Rice
- ½ cup dry fruits (of your choice)
- ½ cup of sugar powder
- Saffron (a pinch)
- 2 green cardamom
Step 1: Soak rice in about 1 glass of water and keep aside for 10 mints, meanwhile put the milk to boil.
Step 2: Add soaked rice and green cardamom to boiled milk and keep it on slow gas for 1 hour, stirring after every 20 mint to avoid burning.
Step 3: After an hour, rice will be well blended into milk and would have given a semi gravy texture to it.
Step 4: Add sugar, saffron and dry fruits to the mixture, keep it on low flame for another 5 mins.
Step 5: Pour into a crystal dish and Kesar kheer is ready for you to enjoy 🙂
- Coconut powder can be added to add a flavor to the dish.
- Rose flavored liquid will help to add another essence to the dish.
- In case the texture is thicker, you can add milk as per your taste.
- Rose petals and dry fruits can be used while presentation.
- Instead of sugar, sugar-free powder can be used for diabetic patients.